The last few days, weeks, and months have been like nothing any of us have ever experienced. While we know, this too shall pass, we continue to evaluate what's next. There are many moving parts, like understanding the impact of port closures, their return to service for cruise ship travel, how global travel regulations will continue to change, and how all of this impacts our fleet, crew and staff, and most importantly, you – our loyal guests!
After further review, we have decided to extend our global suspension and as a result, we intend to be back on the high seas starting May 12th, 2020. Regrettably, that means, your upcoming Serenade of the Seas May 4, 2020 cruise, will be cancelled. We know this is disappointing. We're disappointed too! However, we've made this decision with your best interest in mind.
Below, are some options we've prepared for you.
As a result of this change, we're providing you with a 125% Future Cruise Credit to come back and sail with us by December 31, 2021.
- This amount will be based on your total cruise fare paid. And, we're giving you a little extra, knowing that this is such a unique circumstance.
- We will automatically issue you your Future Cruise Credit by Monday, April 30th, 2020 via email. So, there's nothing for you to do!
- Taxes & fees and any RoyalUp upgrades will be automatically refunded. You can expect to see these in 30 days.
- If you opted into the Cruise with Confidence 100% Future Cruise Credit for this sailing, you do not qualify for this offer.
- And, if you used a Cruise with Confidence certificate on this sailing, you'll receive a new Future Cruise Certificate for 125% of your total cruise fare value paid, including the value of your original certificate.
- If you were impacted by our first global suspension (sailings through April 10, 2020), and paid additional monetary funds on a new booking within this extended suspension period, you'll receive two 125% Future Cruise Credits: one for the original booking and another equal to 125% of any monies paid towards cruise fare on the new booking. You are able to opt in to refund one or both via the process below.
Or, if you prefer the lower value in a full refund, we're happy to process this for you. Given how fluid this situation is, and the opportunity to use the extra credit being offered, you have plenty of time to make up your mind. You have until December 31, 2021 to request a refund and keep your active certificate till that date.
- Please contact us to start the refund process, if you're willing to give up the higher value of your 125% Future Cruise Credit.
- To avoid waiting on the phone to cancel, please click here and we will get the process started for you.
- We'll then deactivate your Future Cruise Credit and process your refund to your original form(s) of payment, which will include any non-refundable deposits.
- You can expect to receive your refund 30 days after you submit your request.
- Please note: If you used a Cruise with Confidence certificate on this sailing, and you request a refund instead, we'll refund any NEW funds paid above the certificate amount, and we'll reinstate your original Cruise with Confidence certificate.
If you purchased Cruise Planner Items…
- You can opt-in to receive an Onboard Credit in the value of 125% of the total Cruise Planner purchases on your reservation.
- Click here to request your higher value credit. You can only take advantage of this offer through April 8th, 2020.
- If we don't hear from you on or before April 8th, 2020, your Cruise Planner purchases will be automatically refunded.
- You'll receive the refunds 30 days after we process your cancellation request.
Guests with air or hotel booked…
- if you purchased refundable air or hotel accommodations through Royal Caribbean, they will be automatically refunded to you.
- if you booked non-refundable air through Royal Caribbean or booked on your own, please contact the service provider directly for your options with them.
If you have any questions, please contact your Travel Advisor immediately or contact us at:
- 1-800-754-500 in Australia
- 0344 493 4005 in the U.K.
- 1-800-256-6649 in the U.S. or Canada
Thank you for your patience, understanding, and cooperation during this situation.
In the meantime, please stay safe and healthy, and know, we really appreciate your continued loyalty. We'll be ready to welcome you back soon – we miss you already.